sharetrader
Page 266 of 325 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3246
    Advanced Member

So there it was on Q & A this morning.

An unashamed address from the head boy and girl of Manurewa college, directed at David Seymour (NZ taxpayers) that he was out of touch by being in Epsom, and did not understand why school lunches should still be provided by taxpayers.

Will those head students now make a media statement directed at parents who definitely don't watch Q&A, reminding them of their obligations to feed their children, and prepare them properly for school?

Or would that be un PC?

Is it a case of We breed, You feed us?

Attarower sinking further into the mire eh?

IMO

I think you maybe so out of touch yourself.Now more than ever many many parents are struggling especially after paying the rent or even mortgage.For ex a working solo dad told me a few days ago about the struggle to pay his bills ,his landlord has refused to consider his situation, put the rent up and he is on near min payrates.

Yes this can only be better than the current situation.

Guru

Really big unintended consequences of CCCFA.

Very typical Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Really big unintended consequences of CCCFA.

Very typical Labour.
    None of the Labour ministers has business or real commercial experience - just a lot of academic BS or at best, Clueless Cindy’s fish & chips ‘experience’.

IMO

Sounds good,open to any rebuttal and what was it brought in to protect in the first place?

Proof will be in the pudding, but yes well overdue. Hopefully it has the correct consequences unlike the Labour poorly executed policy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sounds good,open to any rebuttal and what was it brought in to protect in the first place?
    It came about because of pay day lenders and other predatory outfits.

But rather than bring in some new rules to target the unscrupulous lenders who got desperate consumers into a debt trap, they hit the nuclear button and made lending incredibly difficult.

Nanny State rules whereby all lenders (including tier 1 and tier 2 lenders….so the banks and even the likes of UDC FINANCE, GE Money) have to scrutinise every line item of your spending as part of the lending process.

Big fines if any ‘unreasonable’ loans given - not only to the company but exec managers individually. So they (the banks etc) took a conservative line when updating processes to accomodate CCCFA.

Even though banks were already lending responsibly and the problem was with smaller loan sharks, the CCCFA applied to all and was just way over the top.

Incredibly invasive, and has caused huge delays in processing loans as well as meant a lot of people who should reasonably qualify for a loan are now declined.

Very bad legislation.

I was shocked when I worked on one of the projects for a finance company at the time and realised the changes we had to make. I thought the Project Manager was taking the p1ss at first.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I think you maybe so out of touch yourself.Now more than ever many many parents are struggling especially after paying the rent or even mortgage.For ex a working solo dad told me a few days ago about the struggle to pay his bills ,his landlord has refused to consider his situation, put the rent up and he is on near min payrates.
    Yeah, I'm out of touch all right.

My time volunteering in Citizens Advice and Budget Advisory means nothing.

I'm out touch with what people waste their money on, bad prioritization, but expect others to bail them out.

I'm out of touch when l watch How to eat better for less, and see the gross excess some live by.

I'm out of touch when l shop at the supermarket and see what people fill their trundlers with.

I'm out of touch when l hear solo mothers with 2 kids netting $1200 a week from the taxpayer, more than a serving Police constable.

I'm out of touch with the time l spent in Otara, and when l revisit 3 times a year to see all the money spent on take aways in the Otara shopping centre.

I really should get out more.

What about you?