sharetrader

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I doubt the current model is making any profit. If you think about it, back in the start up days of discount broking, we were charged $29 a trade. It is still the same price. But the costs will have increased substantially for brokers since 1998. (Efficiency and technology gains aside)
    But that $29.00 was all you were charged. No .2% for over $15,000. That didn't last long.

Their income will vary on share price movements as well. It has been a bad time for them recently as the market has been down and less trading activity.

Guru

I guess this is why Jarden have not put much effort into upgrading the current platform we use.
    Although it works...its pretty average in terms of the way one can access information.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I guess this is why Jarden have not put much effort into upgrading the current platform we use.
    Although it works...its pretty average in terms of the way one can access information.
    But why did they spend the money creating this platform last year, when the one they had was superior and they knew they were joining with Hatch.
    Last edited by 777; 09-05-2024 at 10:05 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    But why did they spend the money creating this platform last year, when the one they had was superior and they knew they were joining with Hatch.
    Was it only last year ? Yeah, lot of money wasted creating the platform we are now using. I guess work started on that before the Hatch thing came along.