sharetrader

Hybrid View

Thought I'll drop this post here from HOTCOPPER .. Shows why I love being a trader and not just a BUY and HOLD investor ... (another poster was calling me out saying my MAY av was out 10c bah bah)..

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

I decided to go through every trade I've ever done with MAY + MAYO since I first invested in the company OCT 21 in its new name ticker (I did once hold MEO a longtime ago)

And I was greatly rewarded for my efforts 40mins+ ...

so because of all the trades I ended up with a present free carry position of just over 2mill shares + Profit of $68k for some 50+ trades ...and this even includes that 16c purchase you go on about ...

I did very well in my earlier trades purchasing 2.76mill shares from 2.1c to 2.8c then selling 766k shares for 7.6c

I then added back to 2.518mill from 5.6c - 7.4c

then selling mid 7's etc etc

then buying back in never selling all but just portions ... so 2.5mill to 2 and then back then sell down to 1.5mill and back to 2mill etc

lowest my free carry holding got to 1.04mill shares with a 130k realised profit from the trading of MAY-MAYO

MAYO was just a small amount of trading in for 1.4mill 1c out from 3.6c to .7c ( I recall I sold the opts and put those funds into MAY shares)

buying late 2021 and have NEVER not held MAY shares since OCT21 ..so just under 3yrs

Hoping to exit for a great total profit later this year to next .. my target is 25c min .. which would be a nice total $568k profit for the 3yrs+ of trading/holding MAY will certainly be one of my better trading results from one company..

Had I not traded the initial late 2021 investment at present I'd have seen my $68k move to the present 5.5c value $151,800

Trading has seen me free up $68k+ free carry 2mill+ shares worth $113,800 =$181.8k ... so $30k extra from the trading Vs holding ..

And many of my 50x trades weren't great some costing me 10's thousands ...but that's trading always learning the craft..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 01-05-2024 at 09:36 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu