sharetrader
Page 1906 of 1920 FirstFirst ... 90614061806185618961902190319041905190619071908190919101916 ... LastLast
Results 19,051 to 19,060 of 19193

Thread: Black Monday

....there could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    ....there could be.
    You know there is, absolutely. On another note I had a couple of insurance bills arrive yesterday, 20% up!

Investments

Insurance is becoming a luxury ...my 5 years old cars ...last all 5 years insurance premium went up while agreed value going down ...this year being the steepest increase ...thats the cost of kindness of previous Govt ...as AKL is the main contributor of car thefts and accidents etc which gets passed to all ...I reckon they should try to increase no claims bonuses to reward safer drivers and securer cars etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Insurance is becoming a luxury ...my 5 years old cars ...last all 5 years insurance premium went up while agreed value going down ...this year being the steepest increase ...thats the cost of kindness of previous Govt ...as AKL is the main contributor of car thefts and accidents etc which gets passed to all ...I reckon they should try to increase no claims bonuses to reward safer drivers and securer cars etc ...
    I renewed mine about 3 months ago on my two year old DMAX. I couldn't believe it, no increase!
    Maybe they have been ripping me for the last year who knows, but I locked it in real quick.
    It's on full new replacement vehicle as well so no reduction in value insured.

Rising insurance premium is not going to help for the economy and householders. Up by over 30% in some parts of the country. Some will try to find other options.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Rising insurance premium is not going to help for the economy and householders. Up by over 30% in some parts of the country. Some will try to find other options.
    With no "major" recent weather events,together with increased premiums, the Insurance sector should be currently very profitable.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With no "major" recent weather events,together with increased premiums, the Insurance sector should be currently very profitable.
    Or one event away from total wipe out of all equity.

Who knows.

Berkshire on the other hand can handle multiple nuclear detonations in major US population centers without the equity being touched.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 09-05-2024 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I was following few insurance companies. Didn't take any positions as I'm happy with my concentrated portfolio. Besides I pick stocks making use of Zulu principle. Sold all weak ones.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 09-05-2024 at 12:47 PM.

Here’s a thought. Are higher rates stimulative? The US govt pays $2m per minute on its debt. With higher saving and deposit rates is there a wealth effect for those holdings lots of cash?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Here’s a thought. Are higher rates stimulative? The US govt pays $2m per minute on its debt. With higher saving and deposit rates is there a wealth effect for those holdings lots of cash?
    I have a bit too much cash at the moment and certainly don’t feel wealthy because of it. After tax, I would guess I would not be matching inflation and I am well aware of that.