sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K3UXVNVEJAVCY/

GDP fell 0.6 pc in fourth quarter, worse than expected - expectations for interest rate hikes fall

Bets open for the current March 2023 Quarter - entries close 30th

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...G4TEKSZJW5FJM/

Stock Market: NZ shares, Kiwi dollar, interest rates fall as recession looms

NZH calling it now

Is Robbo still hiding under his desk ?

Anyone seen Adrian the Orrsome anywhere ?
    Last edited by nztx; 16-03-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...G4TEKSZJW5FJM/

Stock Market: NZ shares, Kiwi dollar, interest rates fall as recession looms

NZH calling it now

Is Robbo still hiding under his desk ?

Anyone seen Adrian the Orrsome anywhere ?
    They couldn't organise a piss up at a brewery.

stagflation in NZ

Generally, stagflation is bad for consumers because you’re making less money and everything costs more. For investors, stagflation typically means lower returns as growth slows. The longer stagflation goes on, the more significant the impact to the future value of your portfolio may be.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-bes...io%20may%20be.
    Last edited by bull....; 16-03-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Confidence ?

Credit Suisse in Crisis Taps $54 Billion From Central Bank

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m-central-bank
    Last edited by Davexl; 16-03-2023 at 05:26 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    I think my point was Sport, that I wasn't dumb enough to have been it in before 2020. By investing in the energy sector during 2020 I was able to put significant portions of my net worth into ARLP at $2.89 which is now paying me $2.89 in dividends per year. Most investors don't experience this in a lifetime. And into Occidental Petroleum Warrants at $3 which then more than 10 bagged in 2 years. As well as XOM around $30...

I was not highlighting 'since 2020' as having been a lengthy amount of time. I have followed the sector closely for over 20 years and worked in it for 20 years sport so this is what I was meaning.

How did they create capital, well sport you should know the answer to this. They got it from people like yourself. In spades. And then destroyed it all.

Investing trading the sector? I don't even know what investing trading is mate.

Two companies have an identical net profit margin for a moment in time, wow so interesting bro, Costco has a net margin of 2% and is a far better business than some with 60% margins, why? Margins mean nothing. It's all about what can be earned with what capital.

I agree it will be hard to find a better sector going forward than Energy, this is why I am heavily invested.

XOM has indeed been a poor investment, a VERY poor one over the last cycle as the ALL have been. The share price went nowhere Sport for 15 years... But at times, and indeed over it's entire history it has done well.

Largest Revenues in the world mean nothing. You can generate large revenues tomorrow by setting up a company that flies people Auckland to London for $100 return. It's PORFIT sport that matters and only in relation to invested capital.

If they have been like you say such bad business models then they shouldn't have High earnings to share values they should have HIGH P/E right so you think TESLA was a better business when it had a very high P/E 1000 to present 40's as TESLA has increased earnings ..

Took a while to even understand what you're saying here. Firstly yes, banking and energy are not good businesses but at times can be good investments. In fact on reflection I have no idea what you're saying. High earnings to share values means that the market is saying the earnings are not sustainable. A high PE is the opposite as well as reflecting rising earnings.

Are you Bull posting under a different name?

So tell us how you've been doing since the early 2000's what's your record like, you sound like a real pro.
    I bet your house has those really big doors for that head to move room to room ..as I'm sure your a Billionaire from your endless brilliant trades I'm not worthy as a small time Trader (that also invests longer term ) I don't make Millions per year ... I just want to make a 1 Million profit GOAL for a year ... and retire to hardly stress about the daily movements of my holdings..

I've actually never even held BANKs shares or XOM or TESLA .... I'm just a S708... trading(& Investing) generally a sub 500mill cap space on the ASX...

Sport ...yeah I love sport ...Golfing many days per week ....

Really enjoying your RANT.... Always learning and love everyones views on the markets

My record ..not hard to find ... for a really really awesome person like yourself .... ASX comps .... signatures ....
    Last edited by JBmurc; 16-03-2023 at 10:24 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I suppose a profits recession is not good for the markets
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Sorry off topic.

Anybody comment on current position - Western Union Co WU ,- Glencore GLNCY ,- Rivian RIVN .
    Price and future prospects.