sharetrader

Hybrid View

Permanent Newbie

Default Searching for old posts

Just wondering if there was a way to find old posts. I try the search box but this usually just lists a lot of threads without showing individual posts.

Is there a way to find specific old posts rather than the whole thread?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just wondering if there was a way to find old posts. I try the search box but this usually just lists a lot of threads without showing individual posts.

Have you used the 'Advanced Search'?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Have you used the 'Advanced Search'?
    Yep and it drastically reduces the number of threads but I still need to wade through the threads to find the specific post?

Any way to refine this further.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

You can 'search a forum'. That will produce a list of thread topics. You can then select any individual thread from that list and and refine your search by using the 'search a thread' function. That second search will give you a series individual posts within a thread. Is that what you are after?

Another trick I use, if I am looking for a post in relation to a particular stock exchange announcement, is to pin down the exact date of that announcement, using the news section of 'Stocknessmonster.com'. Then because each post in 'Sharetrader' is dated, I go back manually to match the date stamp and read the posts from that point.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 21-12-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    You can 'search a forum'. That will produce a list of thread topics. You can then select any individual thread from that list and and refine your search by using the 'search a thread' function. That second search will give you a series individual posts within a thread. Is that what you are after?

Another trick I use, if I am looking for a post in relation to a particular stock exchange announcement, is to pin down the exact date of that announcement, using the news section of 'Stocknessmonster.com'. Then because each post in 'Sharetrader' is dated, I go back manually to match the date stamp and read the posts from that point.

SNOOPY
    Thanks Snoopy

Now that you have pointed it out I see the "search a thread" option which is what I was after all along.

Many thanks.

Everyone must be wondering what I am on about.