sharetrader
Page 1914 of 1931 FirstFirst ... 91414141814186419041910191119121913191419151916191719181924 ... LastLast
Results 19,131 to 19,140 of 19305

Thread: Black Monday

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    actually you could argue maybe its because most there business off-shore or they have dominant positions ?
    I think that this is very valid - perhaps not the right thread but this is why KFL is not the dog that many commentators think it is - 49% of KFL is FPH/MFT/IFT and these 3 overall probably have about 80% of their business offshore (and in the case of IFT much of the NZ business is effectively offshore funded e.g. datacentres). On top of that fully-imputed div and 33% tax rate (well the portion that is not capital gain) as well as a healthy discount to nta. KFL share price up 1c YTD nta up 3c and a dividend of 2% nta paid too.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more and I cud not have said it better ...KFL for me is the safest and best buy on NZX ...ATM / EBO / VGL are also their holdings not nz economy oriented companies

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    By the way US stocks and bonds are behaving just before April CPI ...most likely its on target or not too much variation from consensus ...will know in few hours !!
    Bang on forecasts on every count ...S&P 500 up 50 and 10Y down 10bips ...wow its easy ...no wonder Bull is creaming it and enjoying whitkers everyday

I think that this is very valid - perhaps not the right thread but this is why KFL is not the dog that many commentators think it is - 49% of KFL is FPH/MFT/IFT and these 3 overall probably have about 80% of their business offshore (and in the case of IFT much of the NZ business is effectively offshore funded e.g. datacentres). On top of that fully-imputed div and 33% tax rate (well the portion that is not capital gain) as well as a healthy discount to nta. KFL share price up 1c YTD nta up 3c and a dividend of 2% nta paid too.
    Could not agree more and I cud not have said it better ...KFL for me is the safest and best buy on NZX ...ATM / EBO / VGL are also their holdings not nz economy oriented companies [/QUOTE]
    That's not saying KFL is outstanding, just the best of an underperforming market ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes net 52,000 Kiwis left last 12 months …..net 163,000 non-Kiwis arrived
    S
    NZ has been undergoing a major demographic change, that both major political parties support by default. Smaller rates of migration (for size of population) helped cause Brexit in the UK. They both avoid major systemic monetary and fiscal reform.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-05-2024 at 07:04 AM.

Bang on forecasts on every count ...S&P 500 up 50 and 10Y down 10bips ...wow its easy ...no wonder Bull is creaming it and enjoying whitkers everyday
    powell say at interview , higher for longer. so cant see ORR doing anything different maybe why nz stocks crashing
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    powell say at interview , higher for longer. so cant see ORR doing anything different maybe why nz stocks crashing
    Higher for longer theme is now well ingrained in the market psyche ...NZ is totally different case ...with Govt doing or overdoing its bit on controlling inflation ...we will surely see rate cuts sooner then latter ...PGW @ 1.53 is showing farmers in deep trouble and nz is an agricultural country ....I will stick my neck out and say OCT/NOV RBNZ pivots fully

Higher for longer theme is now well ingrained in the market psyche ...NZ is totally different case ...with Govt doing or overdoing its bit on controlling inflation ...we will surely see rate cuts sooner then latter ...PGW @ 1.53 is showing farmers in deep trouble and nz is an agricultural country ....I will stick my neck out and say OCT/NOV RBNZ pivots fully
    as you like to tell us stocks are forward looking then some nz stocks must be predicting a dire economy by end of yr so maybe you be right on rate cuts ?
    one step ahead of the herd

I'm going to try my best and be positive today about the NZX.

I know what you are thinking. It's impossible.

At some stage the bargain hunters will be back. Not all businesses are mismanaged. We have some great companys with fantastic balance sheets that have been let down by the likes of FBU.

Im a Highlanders supporter. So I don't know what giving up even means.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I'm going to try my best and be positive today about the NZX.

I know what you are thinking. It's impossible.

At some stage the bargain hunters will be back. Not all businesses are mismanaged. We have some great companys with fantastic balance sheets that have been let down by the likes of FBU.

Im a Highlanders supporter. So I don't know what giving up even means.

Dude there are not many bargains -it's massively overvalued....

Guru

Reddell reported this morning one of the most stunning statistics I have ever seen

NZ real GDP per capita is up a total of 3% since 2017.

Nominal PC up 29%.

Almost hard to believe.

0.42% PA real per capita GDP growth over 7 years.

Basically explains everything.