sharetrader
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: FSF - Fonterra

Guru

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/431158

Interesting announcement signalling a big change for Fonterra.
    Seems a pity in a lot of ways. Especially if they sell to offshore money.

Like selling the family silverware, things must be dire to be getting rid of so much growth potential.....

Quote Originally Posted by strikereureka View Post
    Like selling the family silverware, things must be dire to be getting rid of so much growth potential.....
    Yes, interesting

Legend

Would be good if they spun some off into the NZX......breathe a bit of life into it.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Would be good if they spun some off into the NZX......breathe a bit of life into it.
    Public traded units are 50 percent higher than farmer only shares. This is the widest gap its been

"It is also appropriate for Fonterra to terminate its on-market share buyback programme, which was expected to run until 13 August 2024"

I do not understand why they would suspend the share buyback program as a result of this divestment, is this a regulatory requirement?

... have power to make you great

Myles Hurrell explained there is more information not yet publicly released, I guess it would amount to insider trading to continue share buyback

Permanent Newbie

Is it just me or have business experts and politicians been spouting for years that NZ Inc needs to add value to their commodities if we are to progress from being price takers.

Was that all just bull*hit or am I missing something.

Sell the value-add to a foreigner, sounds like the direction NZ is heading.

Mind you I don't know what sort of return Fonterra is making from these brands or their debt position if that is what the sale proceeds are going into.

Fonterra was buying back its own shares?

Obviously debt is not the reason, maybe Miles and the board just don't like the extra work and headaches they bring. I guess even if you earn $4.6mill a year there is still only 24 hours in the day.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...NLBVEX2FEFHUA/

Maybe I am just negative Miles explains it all here:

“We believe prioritising our Ingredients and Foodservice channels, and releasing capital from our Consumer and associated businesses, will generate more value,” he said.

“At the same time, Fonterra is not the highest-value owner for Consumer and associated business in the long term.

Or even better Forsyth Barr analyst Matt Montgomerie explains:

“I am completely supportive of the rationale that Fonterra is articulating - the focus on core operations.

“Potentially, it is quite an important day for New Zealand Inc.

So basically NZ Inc needs to get back to basic commodities according to the experts.
    Last edited by Aaron; 17-05-2024 at 08:55 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Is it just me or have business experts and politicians been spouting for years that NZ Inc needs to add value to their commodities if we are to progress from being price takers.

Was that all just bull*hit or am I missing something.

Sell the value-add to a foreigner, sounds like the direction NZ is heading.

Mind you I don't know what sort of return Fonterra is making from these brands or their debt position if that is what the sale proceeds are going into.

Fonterra was buying back its own shares?

Obviously debt is not the reason, maybe Miles and the board just don't like the extra work and headaches they bring. I guess even if you earn $4.6mill a year there is still only 24 hours in the day.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...NLBVEX2FEFHUA/

Maybe I am just negative Miles explains it all here:

“We believe prioritising our Ingredients and Foodservice channels, and releasing capital from our Consumer and associated businesses, will generate more value,” he said.

“At the same time, Fonterra is not the highest-value owner for Consumer and associated business in the long term.

Or even better Forsyth Barr analyst Matt Montgomerie explains:

“I am completely supportive of the rationale that Fonterra is articulating - the focus on core operations.

“Potentially, it is quite an important day for New Zealand Inc.

So basically NZ Inc needs to get back to basic commodities according to the experts.
    No Aaron, it's not just you. I feel exactly the same way.

Yep. Sell milk/powder.
    Export logs.
    Send animals offshore.
    It's all the opposite of what I thought the way to go was.....