sharetrader
Page 203 of 206 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2060

Its just capitalism, people making money. Don't see what the big fuss is all about.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Its just capitalism, people making money. Don't see what the big fuss is all about.
    You might feel differently if you had forked out $1.85 per share in the IPO. I didn't, but I was appalled at how the brokers hustled and got the IPO away at that ridiculous price, to be very quickly followed by the pay-out and exit of the founders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You might feel differently if you had forked out $1.85 per share in the IPO. I didn't, but I was appalled at how the brokers hustled and got the IPO away at that ridiculous price, to be very quickly followed by the pay-out and exit of the founders.
    No one forced you to by at the $1.85 IPO price. Like with any capital acquisition, you need to do your own research.

If there was something illegal, or the IPO documents were misleading, well then that is a different story.

Agree, the hustle on this one was intense. Our friend "who called Nadia the fluff" does have a point (not the fluff bit) that this IPO was all gloss and no substance. That said, any IPO that is all gloss, rings alarm bells for me.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No one forced you to by at the $1.85 IPO price. Like with any capital acquisition, you need to do your own research.

If there was something illegal, or the IPO documents were misleading, well then that is a different story.

Agree, the hustle on this one was intense. Our friend "who called Nadia the fluff" does have a point (not the fluff bit) that this IPO was all gloss and no substance. That said, any IPO that is all gloss, rings alarm bells for me.
    I DID NOT buy the IPO, I did my research and quickly came to the conclusion that it was amped to the max and was simply the founders payout exit strategy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I DID NOT buy the IPO, I did my research and quickly came to the conclusion that it was amped to the max and was simply the founders payout exit strategy.
    I know YOU didn't, you said that in your earlier post. I should have been more clear. My "you" was a generic for everyone. Cheers.

I guess we all knew from the get go this IPO was all gloss. The SP fell from the first day( that’s a record of sorts). What I am focusing is whether the price now worth the punt? It’s still a profitable business and making about 5-6M a year in NPAT. If there are able keep dividends aside,pay of some of their debt and keep increasing their customer base… i thinks it’s game on… EOTD they are into food business albeit for a premium market.. but still everyone needs to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    THey are founder friendly, only in so much that new shareholders accept the "BS" of the IPO. If new shareholders did DD and did not purchase any IPO shares then these IPO's would have to lower their entry point. I guess its the gullible, and brokers willing to flog off to the gullible that allow for this to happen.

Back in 4th form economics we were taught "Caveat Emptor". I guess that is not taught at schools anymore?
    Back in 5th form and beyond I was taught Fair Trading Act and Listing Rules too.

Legend

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/431501

My Food Bag resumes paying dividends with second half earnings up year on year
    • Revenue of $162.2 million, down 7.7% compared to FY23
    • EBITDA of $16.0 million, compared to $18.2 million in FY23 (1)
    • NPAT of $6.0 million, compared to $7.9 million in FY23
    • H2 NPAT of $3.5 million, compared to $2.0 million in FY23 H2 NPAT – up 75% year on year
    • Bargain Box deliveries up 19.5% and an upweighted focus on each of the three core brands
    • Successful implementation of pick technology, averaging 99% accuracy in H2 FY24
    • Net debt reduced by $3.5m to $11.8m
    • Fully imputed final dividend of 0.5 cent per share declared, payable on 20 June

Meal kit and food solutions business, My Food Bag Group Limited, today reported EBITDA of $16.0 million for the twelve months to 31 March 2024 (FY24).(2)While NPAT was $6.0 million in FY24, compared to $7.9 million in FY23, the business achieved a H2 NPAT of $3.5 million compared to FY23 H2 NPAT of $2.0 million – up 75% year-on-year. This demonstrates the success of the business’ cost-out initiatives and realignment of its strategic pillars, as well as My Food Bag's resilience in a difficult macro-economic environment.The average order value was $129.54 across the year, marginally down from $130.11 in FY23. This was largely driven by an upswing in Bargain Box customers, changing the business’ brand mix.

Tony Carter, Chairman of My Food Bag, says this financial year marks a successful transition for My Food Bag’s business.“The steps we took in early 2023 to realign aspects of our business to reflect trading conditions, capitalise on market opportunities and add value for our customers is working.“Against the backdrop of a difficult macro-economic environment, we have transformed our operations, and the second half of the year has demonstrated that having stabilised and reset the business we can continue to grow profit,” says Carter.

Active customer numbers have remained relatively stable at 56,800 at the end of FY24, versus 57,500 at the end of FY23.(3)Gross margin also remained stable at 48.5% across FY24, compared to 48.4% during FY23. While contribution margin was down slightly at 22.6% in FY24, versus 23.5% in FY23.“We remain a profitable business with a strong brand and customer offer, and the ability to take a greater share of New Zealand’s online food market,” says Carter.

Based on FY24 performance and performance during the start of FY25, the Board is pleased to resume paying dividends and confirms a fully imputed dividend of 0.5 cent per share for FY24.

Business highlightsMark Winter, CEO of My Food Bag, says: “Throughout FY24, we transformed our operations, upweighting our focus on each of the three core brands to highlight the unique value propositions of the My Food Bag portfolio to current and future customers.“We have a broad range of meal kit and food solutions that sets us apart from our competitors, and building on the unique properties and proposition of each brand means we’re able to meet more specific customer needs and appeal to a wider audience.

“One of our standout achievements was the successful implementation of pick technology at our distribution centres.“Not only did this enable us to consolidate our two previous Auckland operations into a single site, but we have seen continued improvement in the operating performance, increasing throughput rates and further reducing quality issues for our customers.“We averaged 99% accuracy across all types of customer quality issues, which translates into reduced customer credits as well as increased customer satisfaction scores,” says Winter.

Outlook
    Convenience, health and wellness, and e-commerce are sustaining trends in the retail food sector, and on all of these fronts My Food Bag is well-positioned to continue delivering for its customers.

Winter says: “My Food Bag recognises that market conditions will remain challenging in the year ahead.“To counter this, we will invest further for the health and growth of our business, via four key priority areas: further strengthening our brand, continuing to improve convenience, building a seamless customer experience, and fuelling our offer with unique ready-made solutions.“All this ladders up to driving active customer numbers by better delivering to customer lifestyles now and in the future,” says Winter.We are encouraged by the start to FY25, with the first 8 weeks of trading showing overall net sales and active customers (59,009) broadly in line with the prior year and our partnership with the New Zealand Olympic Team having been successfully launched.

The Board expects to continue to pay dividends in FY25.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 23-05-2024 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    My base was working from H2 FY23 which was $2m NPAT and then adding back in the savings minus tax of $1.44m, giving me $3.44m NPAT for the 6 months. Add that to H1 Fy24 of $2.5m, the overall NPAT for FY24 would be $5.94m NPAT

Spot on silverblizzard ….well done
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    My base was working from H2 FY23 which was $2m NPAT and then adding back in the savings minus tax of $1.44m, giving me $3.44m NPAT for the 6 months. Add that to H1 Fy24 of $2.5m, the overall NPAT for FY24 would be $5.94m NPAT
    Actual NPAT of $6.0 million - right on the money!