Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
You must be happy to have been sitting on it for the last 20 odd years, staying mostly out of the markets ! I congratulate you for your wise decision.
You obviously don't read Ray Dalio's stuff. He has only just changed from saying cash is trash.

I feel sort of vindicated after buying some short term (2year or less) bonds on the NZDX recently. Did not buy enough, too conservative once again (now that I have Ray's endorsement) and got less than what my Rabo account could do on some Infratil Bonds recently as anything less than a one year maturity needs to take account of the fact the fees stay the same no matter what the maturity. Also not sure that I am understanding correctly the figures. Now my Infratil bonds have matured I need to go back over the actual result to work out the annualised yield including fees as I may still have things ar*e about face.

More importantly I should be trying to understand Ray's reasoning for his change of heart.

If you are having a go because of my suggestion where you might fit on the political grid. I never got an answer, does that mean I was right?