sharetrader
Page 874 of 874 FirstFirst ... 374774824864870871872873874
Results 8,731 to 8,733 of 8733

Thread: Gold

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Not that I recall .. I've seen 64,000oz Silver Bullion a mate purchased 2007... think he will do very well next several years .... Wish I had a big pile of Bullion ..sadly only got around 200oz these days ... but do have many dollars in the GOLD/Silver miners .. I like the leverage
    He has a lot of silver bullion. He must have been tempted to sell it in 2011 when silver spiked to about $NZ60/oz. I just have a few Perth mint 1oz and 2oz kookaburras and lunar coins I was lucky enough to be given as gifts over the years. Some of them in great proof finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    He has a lot of silver bullion. He must have been tempted to sell it in 2011 when silver spiked to about $NZ60/oz. I just have a few Perth mint 1oz and 2oz kookaburras and lunar coins I was lucky enough to be given as gifts over the years. Some of them in great proof finish.
    yes he did sell like 5000oz close to the peak back to the dealer..

yes might well add a few more silver bars to the pile be great to get back to 1000oz

Few kiwis doing it tough Cost of living etc .. seeing a few great bullion prices around on TM - facebook marketplace close to spot silver price
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    yes he did sell like 5000oz close to the peak back to the dealer..

yes might well add a few more silver bars to the pile be great to get back to 1000oz

Few kiwis doing it tough Cost of living etc .. seeing a few great bullion prices around on TM - facebook marketplace close to spot silver price
    I was gobsmacked at the spread the physical traders in NZ were charging when I did a tour of them back in 2005ish. I think the bid offer spread on gold was something like $70 and that was when gold was trading around $US650ish.

The Aussies had much tighter spreads & most of the NZ guys source from the Perth Mint anyway.
    There is a tiny refinery in Melbourne that recycles gold, but I can't remember the name of it.